LARGE HEALTHCARE NETWORK IN CANADA
Patient Visit Optimization System
The healthcare network consists of 10 hospitals and several other healthcare facilities. The time each patient spends in various interactions during a visit is directly proportional to overall quality of service and cost of operations. The healthcare management board decided to undertake the initiative to optimize the time each patient spends during a visit to a healthcare facility. This meant that the information collected at each point of interaction during a patient visit must be centralized for analysis.
Denologix partnered with a research organization, specializing in healthcare process scheduling and optimization, to implement this project in September 2012. Denologix proposed to create a 360° view of the patient along with a data mart to store patient activity attributes from each operational system and generate comparative reports for similar data amongst other healthcare networks. The data and reports were provided to the healthcare process scheduling and optimization experts who reviewed the data and reports to prepare the final recommendations.
The steps undertaken to implement this project successfully are as follows:
- Investigated legal requirements for consolidating patient visit information for the purposes of analysis. It was determined that it is legal to store such information for the strict purposes internal analysis. Under no circumstances this data was to be share with any outside organization
- Establish an information governance committee consisting of healthcare executives, representative from the Ministry of Health and Denologix engagement manager
- Assisted the Healthcare Network with defining the information governance framework to determine the attributes and associated business rules
- Due to the sensitive nature of the data and the privacy rules, the process of configuring data security rules to ensure access by authorized users only, was documented upfront prior to doing any work
- Installed and configure dxHUB within the Healthcare IT environment
- Configured operational source systems that supply the data to be cleansed
- Configured web service to retrieve comparative patient visit data from other healthcare networks for the prior year
- Configured business rules to clean, standardize, enrich and match data
- Define metadata for all data attributes within the master data repository
- Scheduled daily execution of the dxHUB job to create the master data repository for the patients
- Created 50+ analytical and comparative reports regarding the patient interaction during each visit and against the data from other healthcare networks
- The healthcare process scheduling and optimization experts reviewed all reports and performed ad-hoc queries to prepare the final recommendation
- The recommendations from the healthcare process scheduling and optimization experts were implemented with an 18 month period
- The patient time during a visit to the healthcare facility reduced by 22%
- SQLServer Database connector
- Web service connectors
- Meditech connector
- DB2 database connectors
- Fixed and delimited file based connectors
BI Platform Implementation and Data Migration
I have worked with Denologix for over a decade now... This vendor is amazing. I'm happy I chose Denologix and would do it again.
Forecasting Server Implementation
I would like to emphasize that Denologix provided excellent services to us while respecting our numerous constraints. They were very professional and meticulous. It was a pleasure to work with them.
MGR SAS SUPPORT, STATISTICS CANADA
Data Analytics Regulatory Project
Their ability to understand customer needs is quite special. Denologix was very good at listening to us and coming up with solutions, which they were able to sell to our own internal clients easily. They know how to maintain the highest standard of professionalism and accountability.
SAS Implementation and Migration
Their team is very honest. Their leaders are very transparent and open. Partnership like this, you don’t find anywhere. I met very few vendors that I could say that I trusted. This vendor is amazing. I am happy I chose Denologix and would do it again.
Sr. Manager, Aviva
Regulatory Data Analytics Project
Terrific. Denologix has a fantastic reputation with our business in terms of being flexible. They are very rapid in acquiring new capabilities. They have established strong customer relationships and relationships with internal SAS departments. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
Vice President, SAS
Merchandizing Intelligence and Optimization
Denologix was reliable, collaborative, efficient and communicative throughout the Adidas project. Prognos would definitely work with the Denologix team again if we have technical gaps that require senior SAS resources.
MANAGING CONSULTANT, PROGNOS INC.